What is your favourite book and why?

As next Thursday (6th March) is World Book Day can you write about your favourite book?

Why is it your favourite? Can you give a short but detailed description?
Who is the author? Have they written any other books that you know?
Who would you recommend the book to?

Bring the book to school next Thursday and we will go to year one and read them to the children there :)!

Get thinking about your costume as well because you can dress up as your favourite book character. You can write below any ideas for characters for other children who may be struggling to decide.

Can’t wait to read your comments!!

27 Responses to “What is your favourite book and why?”

1. Fay 2HBMarch 2, 2014 at 9:26 am #

my favrouate book is Pippi lonstoking because she plays tig with the police and she is very silly. 🙂

2. DylanMarch 2, 2014 at 9:37 am #

I like The Chronicles of Narnia books because the children go on adventures. There are talking creatures and magical beings.

3. ltaylorMarch 2, 2014 at 10:39 am #

I like both of those books you two! I read both of those when I was your age 🙂

4. clara 2hbMarch 2, 2014 at 10:53 am #

My fave book is Charlie and the chocolate factory because it’s like
    an adventure story.

5. Rose 2HBMarch 2, 2014 at 11:36 am #

My favourite book is Enid Blyton’s Magic Faraway Tree. I love this book because it is stange! Enid Blyton also wrote The Secret Seven and The Famous Five.

The Magic Faraway Tree is about three cildren called Beth, Joe and Frannie who go on magical adventures at the top of the Faraway Tree.

6. Zainab 2CCMarch 2, 2014 at 11:44 am #

My favourite book is The Ginger Bread Man because the ending was clever. I like the way the fox tricked the Ginger Bread Man. My favourite part was when the Ginger Bread Man said
    “run, run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the Ginger Bread Man!”.

7. Jean Nicholls 2LTMarch 2, 2014 at 11:56 am #

I like The day the crayons quit by Drew Day Walt.I think it’s funny because the peach crayon says he is naked and the blue crayon is tiny because he is used too much.All the crayons wrote him letters to say how they felt.

8. Jean Nicholls 2LTMarch 2, 2014 at 11:59 am #

The illustrator of the book Oliver Jeffers also did The incredible
    Book eating Boy, Lost and Found and The Way back home.

9. ErinMarch 2, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

My faivrat book is The family book because it tells you all about difrant famlees.Is by Tod pare and even thoa is not from this book is Floppy from the Biff and Chip storrees

10. OliverMarch 2, 2014 at 1:47 pm #

My favourite books are the Captain Underpants books by Dav Pilkey. The main characters are 2 boys called George and Harold, who go on lots of awesome adventures. They hypnotise their teacher Mr Krupp and turn him into Captain Underpants with a click of their fingers. They turn him back into Mr Krupp by pouring water on him. I like these books because they are funny and make me laugh, the books are a mixture of comics and chapters. I read these books every night and I want to read another Captain Underpants book as soon as I have finished.

11. Aaqib NaeemMarch 2, 2014 at 2:03 pm #

My favourite book is the gingerbread man, my favourite part is when he hopped out the oven. I disliked the part when the fox eat the ginger bread man.

12. Evie H 2CcMarch 2, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

My favourite book is Matilda. I like it because Matilda has a secret power.The author is Roald Dahl.My favourite characters are Miss Trunchbull, Miss Honey and Matida. I like them because Miss Honey and Matida have the same attitude but miss Trunchbull doesn’t her attitude is out of the scales. My favourite bit is when Matida’s family are going to Spain but Matida doesn’t want to go so Miss Honey says”Would you like to stay with me?” And then Matilda says ” yes”I like it because I think it was kind thing to say.

13. Sophie 2HBMarch 2, 2014 at 3:22 pm #

I like Best Book Day Ever so far. It’s funny and I like the pictures.

14. Robert 2HBMarch 2, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

I love the Wombles because they are very funny. In one story Bungo falls into the lake. I like the way they get their names from an atlas.

15. hnaqviMarch 2, 2014 at 6:20 pm #

my favorrite book is Jack and the beanstalk because

it’s really funny and dramatik when the giant falls of the beanstalk.

16. Anton 2LTMarch 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

My favourite book is How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. My favourite characters are Hiccup and Toothless because they speak dragon language and it is funny. It is not the same as the film. My favourite part is when they say: “mi mamma no liki yum yum on di bumbum.” which means my mummy doesn’t like being bitten on the bottom!

17. Majed 2HBMarch 2, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

My favorite book is human body. It shows you the whole inside of your body. I like it because I love scientific things and it’s even got a real magnifying glass!
    I learnt lots and lots of facts, the most interesting fact is that your heart is about the size of your fist. It’s a pump with two halves.

18. hbruntonMarch 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm #

That sounds like a really interesting book Majed – maybe one day you could go to university and learn more about biology!

19. hbruntonMarch 4, 2014 at 6:23 pm #

Robert I love the Wombles – I used to watch them on TV when I was little!

20. hbruntonMarch 4, 2014 at 7:14 pm #

Rose – i LOVE Enid Blyton – she was my favourite author when I was at school – you could not STOP me reading her books!

21. SamMarch 6, 2014 at 11:45 am #

My favourite book is Tom Gates because i like first person.

22. JackMarch 7, 2014 at 11:44 am #

My favourite book is Tom Gates because whenever he get’s in to trouble he try’s to change the subject but it uselly never works.

23. EvieMarch 7, 2014 at 1:39 pm #

My most favarot book is charlots web because charlot never gives up in saving wilber.

24. Betty 2HBMarch 23, 2014 at 6:38 pm #

my fav book is TOM GATES by L . Pichon because i like it when Mr Fullerman is angry.

25. Evie H 2CCMarch 26, 2014 at 7:23 pm #

My best book is
    Mr. Stink because he is stinky.

26. Evie H 2CCMay 18, 2014 at 1:37 pm #

My favourite book is Mr Stink. Because Chloe is the only one in the family who knows about Mr Stink. 🙂

27. Evie 2CCMay 29, 2014 at 11:57 am #

My favourite book is Billionair Boy. Because he has £100,000 pocket money a week.
    He has got 20 things including 2 crocidiles and a real life shark.